As we journey through life we are presented, each of us, with complex questions, difficult problems, and needs that often require professional support and gentle guidance to resolve life's many mysteries, twists, and turns. It is through our exploration of our selves and the world that we live in that we continue to evolve and grow and make a peaceful and happy life possible. Not just for our own self but for those we love and the generations to come.

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother Love

Today is the day we show our love to our mother, right? They set up this day just in case we forgot to show love the rest of the year, right?
So we were driving with my mother (who I see every weekend) out to the Apple store for a two hour tutorial on how to use her laptop, iPad and iPod Touch more effectively, when we see it. A big shiny black streeeettttcccchhhh limo gliding alongside out little Honda Fit. And the question came to me..."do those people really love their mother more than I love mine?" I mean, wow, that limo was a huge mother (no pun intended) and must've cost them a mint, right?
Is how much we love people directly proportionate to how much we spend on them?
How do people show their love? What if the way you like to show love isn't felt like love to the other person? Does that mean you love them less or does that make them ungrateful?
Me? I show my love for my mother by being there. Not just physically, although I do that too. I mean I show up. We talk about books and movies and relationships and feelings and ideas and memories. And we have fought out crap that gets in the way of our love flowing. We have fought and fought and fought until we got it right. I bring me..... and I stay.
I believe this matters most to her and it is most satisfying for us both.
If you love someone, anyone, show up....fight it out...and stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recommended Reading List - Nutrition for the soul...

Join the Beachbody Revolution