As we journey through life we are presented, each of us, with complex questions, difficult problems, and needs that often require professional support and gentle guidance to resolve life's many mysteries, twists, and turns. It is through our exploration of our selves and the world that we live in that we continue to evolve and grow and make a peaceful and happy life possible. Not just for our own self but for those we love and the generations to come.

Friday, May 28, 2010

Working Out

Sometimes I wonder if I am too old to work out...maybe I should just give up and let age take over? My body can ache and I can be tired but when I get into my workout I feel refreshed and when it's over I have renewed energy.
When I used to hear people say these things I thought they were nuts! I don't get the workout high but I sure do feel calmed and happier after a good workout AND my aches and pains decrease quite a bit.
I'm really enjoying the P90X workouts, again, and learn more every time I do them. With a mixture of Shakeology every morning and our Tart Cherry Bombs (see previous blogs) I have more energy and focus than ever before.
I feel peaceful and calm and more easily manage all things in life. My body is stronger and I have more stamina.
This combination of exercise and spiritual/psychological exploration and study seem to be just the right mix.

1 comment:

dasa nudasa said...

Yes, I can identify with the aches and pains at this point in my life. I used to think that if I excercised and ate right, I would not get them. How wrong! All that stuff just came inspite of how great I was feeling. I think menopause and losing estrogen may have something to do with the sudden onset of feeling my age. I avoid exercise so much now because it does not feel so good anymore. Of course that is like cutting my nose to spite my face, but it's true. Plus lifestyle has a lot to do with my willingness to put the time and energy into taking care of my muscular-skeletal self. Haven't had the opportunity to try the Shakeology line yet, but I would be hard pressed if an electrical outlet occured and I could not make my coconut water, banana and raw cashew smoothies.

Post a Comment

Recommended Reading List - Nutrition for the soul...

Join the Beachbody Revolution